The dates for the entry test are 19-25 February 2018.
Eligible for the 2018 entry test are the following individuals fulfilling all the conditions below:
1) Must be a national (passport/ID card holder) of one of the following countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine.
2) Must be over 18 years of age
3) Has a good command of English language. Interviews, exams and courses will be held in English language. Proficiency at the level of being able to accurately understand and follow instructions and assimilate theoretical knowledge is essential.
4) Must be able to submit a climbing resume showing as a minimum mountaineering experience the following:
(a) General mountaineering, MIXED, SNOW & ICE: a minimum of 10 routes of which five must be of difficulty D and with a vertical height gain of at least 800 metres
(b) General mountaineering, ROCK: a minimum of 10 routes with a vertical height gain of at least 250 metres (or at least 10 pitches), of minimum difficulty IV, with protection to be added to at least one part of the climb, in mountaineering boots
(c) Winter Mountaineering: SKI TOURING: a minimum of 10 touring days, each day having at least 1000 metres ascent/descent. At least 5 of these days must be on glacier terrain
(d) Technical Climbs: a minimum 10 multi-pitch rock routes of 4 pitches or more and of minimum grade 6a (VI)
(e) Technical Climbs: a minimum of 10 steep ice climbs of grade WI4 minimum
The entry test will take place in Slovenia and will cover practical examinations of skills in the following disciplines:
(a) Rock climbing:
- minimum ability required in mountaineering boots, leading: V (5a/b)
- minimum ability required in rock climbing shoes, leading: VII (6b)
(b) Ice Climbing
- minimum ability required with two technical ice axes on water ice, leading: WI4
- demonstrate classical technique with 1 ice axe and 10 point crampons
(c) Mixed climbing
- ability to travel in low technical terrain (ice/rock/snow)
(d) Off-piste ski: a skiing test with rucksack, mastering various types of snow on all terrains
In some countries we will try to organise an open-day sometimes during December - January to show/explain to interested parties how the examination process will look like and give more details on the programme. Please follow www.eemga.organd the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/eemga.org/ for further details on this. You can ask questions about the test / past year’s testing here: www.eemga.org/community/ or you can email us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first course will begin in September 2018.
Further information will be available on 1st of December when we open the registration.
Please follow our website at www.eemga.org and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/eemga.org/